The 63rd Annual
Tishomingo County Fair
and Livestock Show
Will be held October 6-10, 2015
Ticket Gates open 5:00 p.m. with admission prices Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday--Adult-$3, Children 12 and under-$2. Friday and Saturday--Adult-$6, Children 12 and under-$4
REMINDER FOR EVERYONE
Even though Tishomingo County voted for beer and liquor and it is now sold in the county, the Tishomingo County Fair and Livestock Show does NOT allow alcoholic beverages on fairgrounds property during the fair. We ask that citizens be considerate of this.
ARMBAND NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!!!
Ride as many as you like for $15
Schedule of Events
NO ADMISSION FEE DURING DAYTIME EVENTS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
GATE FEES FOR SATURDAY WILL APPLY BEGINNING AT NOON
ALL EXHIBIT AND CONTEST ENTRY PARTICIPANTS MUST BE FROM TISHOMINGO COUNTY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED
Monday October 5th--
Enter All Exhibits (Except Baked Goods) Including Livestock
Set Up Commercial and Educational Booths
Photography and Art Contest Entries Checked In
Tuesday October 6th--
8:00-9:00--Baked Goods and Fresh Produce Checked In
9:30 a.m.--Judging Adult and Youth Exhibits (ladies building)
1:00. p.m.- Adult Livestock Judged
4:00 --Youth Livestock Show ( Participants must pre-register)
5:00 p.m.--Gates Open-Admission-Adults-$3, Children 12 and under-$2
5:00 p.m.--Carnival Armband Night- Ride as much as you like for $15
7:00-9:00 p.m.-- Campus Country from Northeast MS Community College (south pavilion)
Wednesday October 7th—
8:00 a.m.--11:00a.m.--Senior Citizen Day-- Health Fair in Ladies Building
- Free Glucose, Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Screenings sponsored by North Mississippi
Medical Center, Wellness Center, NMMC Iuka, Bancorp South
5:00 p.m.--Carnival Armband Night-Ride as much as you like for $15
7:00-9:00 p.m.--Live Music featuring Will Hardin
Thursday October 8th--
9:00 a.m.--Head Start Youth programs
5:00 p.m.--Carnival Armband night-Ride as much as you like for $15
6:30 p.m.--Gospel Music Featuring--Unity Four, The Lovelace Family
Friday October 9th--
6:00 p.m.--Live Music featuring The Prospectors-Doug Helton, David & Sharon Broadway, & Roger Foster
8:00 p.m.--J-Bar-B Rodeo
Saturday October 10th--
9:00 a.m.--4-H Poultry Chain Auction (various breeds) pullets auctioned in lots of five
10:00 a.m.--Antique Tractor Parade
2:00 p.m.--Tiny Tot Show
2:00 p.m. till 5:00 p.m.--Carnival Matinee-All rides $1
5:00 p.m.--Tishomingo County King & Queen of Fair Contest
6:00 p.m.--Cow Patty Contest (proceeds benefit Tishomingo County Junior Auxiliary)
8:00 p.m.--J-Bar-B Rodeo
will serve food from the Homemakers Kitchen in the Exhibit Building Beginning at 4:00 p.m. Dinner foods will be served for very reasonable prices. Exhibits are entered on Monday from 11:00 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. All residents of Tishomingo County are invited to enter. For an exhibit list or more information call 423-7016.
will have a booth in the exhibit building and will be on hand to answer your gardening questions. They will also have yard art exhibits displayed throughout the building. If you would like to become a Master Gardener please feel free to talk with one of the volunteers and leave your name and contact information.
will be selling food out of their concession stand at the South end of the building. They will serve hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, candy, chips, nachos, and soft drinks. Proceeds go to support the county 4-H program. Make sure to take time and visit the youth exhibits and booths. If you are interested in 4-H, contact the Extension Office at 423-7016.
Photography Contest Rules and Regulations
All photos must be turned in between 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Monday, October 6, 2014.
1. The contest is open only to Tishomingo County residents. ADULT CATEGORY 18 YEARS AND OLDER YOUTH CATEGORY UNDER 18. PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IN BOTH AGE GROUPS!!!
2. This competition is for AMATEUR photographers only. For the purpose of the competition, professionals are defined as those who sell their work, or who are employed as photographers or teachers of photography.
3. All photos must be the original work of the exhibitor. Copyrighted images are not permitted.
4. Photos may be taken with a digital or 35mm camera.
5. All photos must be 8”x10” in size.
6. All photos must be mounted on a 10”x12” piece of BLACK foam board which may be found at Wal-Mart and other places in the area.
7. Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of 2 total entries.
8. The categories are as follows:
1. People: Photo including one or more person(s).
2. Pets, Animals, and/or Wildlife: Shall include one or more animal(s)
3. Nature: May include landscapes, skyscapes, waterscapes, horticulture, etc.
4. Action: Should show action such as football, baseball, soccer, running, skiing, dancing, auto-racing, etc.
5. Black & White: All photos must be black and white in this category.
9. All Black & white photos must be entered in the Black & White category.
10. All material deemed inappropriate by fair management will be disqualified and not displayed.
1st place in each category = $20.00
1st place Overall = $50.00
Art is to be entered on Monday, October 5th, 201-No late entries will be accepted.
First Prize (one per category)-$20.00
Overall First Prize (only one awarded)- $50.00
For more information please call 423-7016.
Entries must be returned to the Extension Office by September 26th. All entries MUST be pre-registered.
All participants must be from Tishomingo County or be a member of Tishomingo county 4-H
There will be three youth shows: Beef, Dairy Goat, and Open Dairy Goat
Contact the Extension Office at 423-7016 for Entry Forms and Rules.
There will be a Health Fair in the Ladies Building from 8 till 11 a.m. Free Glucose and Cholesterol Screenings sponsored by NMMC Wellness Center, NMMC and BancorpSouth. Other screenings and health advise provided.
As always, our traditional gospel singing will be back on Thursday night. This year features The Unity Four, The Lovelace Family, and The Faith Trio.
The Prospectors featuring Doug Helton, David & Sharon Broadway, and Roger Foster will be performing on Friday, October 9th, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
PAGEANT DRESSES ALLOWED FOR ALL AGES
Rules and Regulations
1. Entrants must be residents of Tishomingo County. No exceptions!
2. Fair Board members reserve the right to request verification of age and residence.
3. Entrants must be unmarried, never married or divorced, or marriage annulled, never born a child.
4. Contestants having won cannot complete the following year in that age group.
5. Pageant dresses allowed for all ages but are NOT mandatory. Church dress is allowed.
6. THE PAGEANTS WILL BE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT 2:00. Events start promptly at 2:00 for Tiny Tot and 5:00 for King & Queen. Due to the fact we don’t know the number of contestants in each category we cannot tell you what time to arrive. You will not be allowed to participate if you register after your category has gone on stage.
7. Registration will begin at 12:00 noon on Saturday and continue during the day. No phone registrations. Entry fee will be $10.00 to be paid at the ENTRANCE GATE where you will be given a form to fill out and present at the registration tables.
0-6 months girls/boys
7-12 months girls/boys
13-18 months girls/boys
19-23 months girls/boys
King & Queen
2-3 years girls/boys
4-5 years girls/boys
6-7 years girls only
8-9 years girls only
10-12 years girls only
13-15 years girls only
16-19 years girls only
Once again this year the Tishomingo County 4-H and the County Fair are sponsoring the Poultry Chain Auction. This past spring 4-Hers were given pullets of various breeds including: Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, Rhode Island Red, Rhode Island White, Plymouth Barred Rock,White Barred Rock, and Red Sex Link. These youngsters raised the chicks during the summer and each child will donate 10 hens back to the program to be auctioned at the fair on Saturday morning, Oct. 10th at 9:00. There will be 120 laying hens put up for auction in groups of five. These hens should be laying eggs close to fair time. Funds raised will purchase chicks for the 4-Hers next spring-thus continuing the chain.
The "Greatest Show On Dirt"-- J-Bar-B Rodeo will provide an IPRA (International Professional Rodeo Association)sanctioned rodeo in the outside arena Friday and Saturday night beginning at 8:00.